Friday, July 17, 2009

Before Shabbat in the City of Peace

Just a short post. I spent last night with Yossi and Dina in Har Adar so Yossi and I could get an early start. We went to the equivalent of a dollar store and I bought stickers and kids books for school. Then we went to Moshav Shoresh to hang out with our dear friend Avi Yehuda and drink some of his outstanding wines. The Shiraz is not to be missed (though only about 180 bottles remain and I own two).

I came back to the apt in Jerusalem to cook dinner (Chicken Oregano - hard in an unfamiliar oven, zucchini, pasta, carrot salad) and get ready for shul. I'll be at Shira Chadasha. Tomorrow I'll go to the Turkish synagogue in Yemin Moshe (James Kugel, professor of Bible at Harvard gives the D'var Torah, lunch with Barbara and Marvin Silverman, afternoon at Jacob and Jo Milgroms and evening plans with Jonah Layman. I'm going to need a shabbat to recover from my shabbat.

I love this place, and hope through me you come to love it too, if you don't already.

Shabbat shalom,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment