Sunday, July 19, 2009

Shabbat was terrific as I expected. Shira Chadasha was very nice, ran into Geo Poor, formerly of fairfax and now from Worcester. The only mild disappointment was in not getting to the Milgrom's. I was too knocked out by the heat after the two mid-day walks from Yemin Moshe to Rehavia and Rehavia back to the apt to be good company at 5 pm. I did get a great nap in, and then met Jonah Layman for a bowl of soup at Masaryk (excellent as usual).

Shabbat dinner we drank a bottle of Galil Viognier- a favorite of mine and I have only one source for it in the US - here it was about $5 a bottle less expensive - (I need to look into becoming an importer). Today I met with Mary for a while before she left Jerusalem, then lunch with Arnie, Danny and Rena to celebrate, among other things, Rena's 10 anniversary of her Aliyah. I've set up meetings with Libby Reichman at BB/BS, Hebrew University Melton Centre (another line of my work) and Danni Franks, who runs a fund similar to MHF in Great Britain called My Israel.

Not much else to report, but we found out we have another messenger coming to Israel July 30, so if you want to send a donation to Mitzvah Heroes Fund, it will get put to work right away,

No comments:

Post a Comment